These are festive pumpkin muffins. They are a scrumptious snack to have around the holidays or just any plain old day. These are so tasteful and a fairly healthy snack too. These muffins are so easy and fun to make on a cold winter night or just a calm fall evening.
Now it is time for one of my mini quizzes: what movie goes along well with these pumpkin muffins? Cannot figure it out? Well, does this sound familiar? “Well, what did you expect, pumpkin juice?” Oh my gosh, you still cannot figure it out? Ok, last hint: They hid behind a patch of pumpkins in the third movie. Give up? The answer is Harry Potter!
Now for the recipe we have all been waiting for! I recommend that you try these delicious muffins for yourself.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.
Makes 2 loaves (24 slices each)
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in the center of the oven. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan 9x5x3 inches, with shortening,
2. Stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
3. Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
In this recipe I made some changes:
1. I did not use raisins or nuts because I do not like mixing raisins or nuts into recipes like this one.
2. I made muffins instead of a loaf.
3. You can add chocolate chips if you want.